The extension "Customize your platform" enables you to create and manage websites which are more likely to be positioned at the top of internet browsers' search results. The CMS automatically applies several technical operations:
- automatic adjustment of web addresses so that they are semantically relevant in relation to the tree of pages
- automatic generation of the sitemap.xml file
- all modules which generate content shared by multiple pages use URL rewrite (see the News and E-Commerce modules)
- automatic minimization of all HTML output
- automatic compression of images in PNG, JPEG, or other formats
In addition to these automatic technical operations, the system is equipped with a central "control panel" from which sensitive parameters can be set for each page and all languages. These are a page's file name, keywords and description, title, etc. Moreover, expert users can manually insert PHP code in order to extend the sitemap.xml file according to specific needs (e.g. if ad-hoc PHP is used to generate some of the website's pages from data tables).