What is a Learning Content Management System (LCMS)?
LCMS is the acronym for Learning Content Management System and is nothing more than a software module present in eLearning platforms (LMS) such as DynDevice LMS that allows you to manage the contents of online training courses.
Specifically, an LCMS allows you to:
- Create, manage and store educational content;
- Compose and modularize the basic teaching units, called learning objects (LO);
- Track and store students' interactions with learning objects.
More comprehensive LCMSs, such as DynDevice LMS's, also allow a number of additional features, such as:
- Sync slides editing with video;
- Management of the navigation sequence between the various sections of the course;
- Generation of even complex evaluation quizzes;
- Loading documents of any type and format;
- Creation of learning objects through templates (without having to worry about the graphic aspects of the content layout).