Virtual classrooms with WebRTC web conferencing
The "Web Conference" module is available in the DynDevice LMS eLearning platform, which allows you to organize remote live training courses with teachers and participants connected simultaneously by videoconference (webconference).
The use of the module "Web Conference" is simple and intuitive. A web browser, a microphone and a webcam is all what needed , furthermore , it is not necessary to install external software, neither to the administrator, nor to teachers or users.
With the module "Web Conference" it is possible to organize virtual classrooms in webconference and include them (similar to objects Learning Object, to advanced tests, certificates, etc.) in their classroom/mixed courses (blended), making them integral parts of the same.
The main features are:
- possibility of creating web-conference "one to many"
- possibility of creating web-conference "many to many"
- possibility to share in the Webconference "pre-loaded" slides for the virtual classroom session
- possibility to use and share in the web-conference a "virtual blackboard”
- possibility of screen-sharing teacher’s pc in the Webconference
- access to the web-conference without installing external software, but using only your own browser (even from mobile devices such as smarphone or tablet)
- possibility of creating web-conference integrate via browser in Webrtc with external software such as Cisco WebEX®, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Zoom o LogMeIN GOToWebinar
- Chat inside the webconference
- Tracking of all the activities of the teacher and learners:
- Recording of the webconference;
- entrance tracking;
- exit tracking;
- tracking of presence and permanence;
- tracking of chat messages exchanged;
- Possibility of moderation of participants' microphones (also group's);
- Automated issuing of documents such as:
- attendance records
- signature sheets with details of the program and its timing
- Check of the real presence of learners in the conference through the automatic post of questions pre-configured with random timing during the course
- Possibility of carrying out tests with random questions and answers following web-conferences moreover, it is possible to change the test with every failed attempt
- Automatic emission of certificates
Dyndevice LMS with Webconference allows you to start two virtual classroom modes in video conferencing:
Web-Conference one to many
The first mode by which you can start virtual classrooms in web-conference via the eLearning platform DynDevice LMS, is the video-conference "one to many".
In this case, the teacher who will start the lesson will see and hear all the learners connected to the virtual classroom (max 250), while the students will see and hear only the teacher and eventually the slides "projected" from the same or the computer screen that is being shared in the Webconference.
Web-Conference many to many
The second available mode is video-conference "many to many":
In this case, the teacher who will start the lesson will see and hear all the learners connected to the virtual classroom, and they will see and hear the teacher and also the other learners. Again, the maximum number of contemporary users is 250.
The development of Webconferences in this mode is the most used because it is the one that comes closest to the experience of a real classroom.
Recording of the video-conference
Dyndevice LMS lets you record video conferencing.
This function is highly recommended for documenting the correct course development. The video conference recording can be used later for the creation of elearning courses by activating the appropriate Dyndevice form.
Screen, slide and virtual whiteboard sharing
The teacher who starts the web-conference can:
- share the screen of their computer (or a given window), for example to expose, show and explain how a software works or, again, share the output generated by Power Point, play videos, etc.
- possibility to use and share in the web-conference a "virtual blackboard"
- use and share a "virtual whiteboard" used via electronic pen, touch screens or mouse
Document and document management of actual documented presence
For each organized virtual classroom, la eLearning platform DynDevice LMS It manages in depth:
- user's registration (both manual admin side, and automatic via e-Commerce or also via external software using Dyndevice LMS Apis)
- The confirmation of participation by users (with the possibility of choice, by the same, between several dates that you wanted to make available)
- the generation of attendance reports and attendance log (with effective date and time of entry into and exit from the Webconference by individual users residence time, connections IP adress) and digital signature via touchscreen (or via mouse) by the teacher at the end of the session;
- the detailed generation of all attendance reports at the Web Conference and/or “signature sheets”,with the data of fruition, testing and time spent, also useful to manage the documentation necessary for the management of " funded training plans
Integration with Cisco WebEx®, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts Meet and LogMeIn GoToWebinar
The platform offers the possibility to create a web-conference integrated with Cisco software WebEx®, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts Meet or Logmein Gotowebinar. Dyndevice LMS will always manage the registration of users to the session, the sending of reminders via e-mail and the management of all the documents attached.
At the beginning of the session, users will be shown a link to download and automatically start the software WebEx® or Microsoft Teams or to access the Google Hangouts Meet or Logmein Gotowebinar, thus allowing the use of the web-conference through the same.
The rigor of teaching
It is of fundamental importance that the training system is designed to offer the maximum possible didactic rigour: to this end Dyndevice LMS allows, guides and advises the administrator to provide self-assessment tests distributed along the training path (for example, between a webconference session and the next) and/or exercises that provide for the manual check/verification of the teacher.
Regulatory compliance of the elearning platform
The State-Regions Agreement of 7 July 2016 specifies that e-learning training must use an IT platform in standard SCORM™ as a tool to realize a dynamic learning path that allows the user to participate in educational activities-training in a virtual community. The Dyndevice LMS platform of Mega Italia Media meets this requirement by also offering:
- virtual community and feedback and support tools (real-time "chat" with all course users and with one or more qualified e-tutors during the availability time indicated in the platform, message sending system for other times);
- access to the contents of the course according to an obligatory path for the user;
- self-assessment tests distributed along the training path;
- storage and archiving of the times of fruition and of the data of fruition and evaluation;
- complete reports of the formative course carried out giving proof that the entire course has been used (title of the course, training body, head of the training project, teachers, objectives, structure, duration, topics of the teaching units, methods of evaluation of learning);
- validation of the duration of the training by the course tutor and/or the training manager;
- final verification in presence (of this test it is given presence to the proceedings of the training course: full report of the training course and test report of the examiner or performance data and report of the examination carried out in videoconference).
The Benefits of Videoconferencing Courses
- Reduction of costs of physical classrooms and travel
- Fast document and information sharing
- Development of collaboration and interaction within teams
- Levels of interactivity equal to those of traditional classroom training
- Ability to connect people far from each other
- Possibility of involving experts or trainers which would be difficult to find locally
- Maximum interactivity and involvement of participants, also through tools such as chats, surveys, etc.