Simulations and related technologies are now a must in eLearning. Tools such as virtual reality allow trainees to immerse themselves in a realistic situation where they can test what they are learning without risk and with clear benefits for learning.
This type of application in eLearning can be used in all sectors, from healthcare to agriculture. Let's take a detailed look at the main benefits of simulation technologies:
- From theory to practice: the main benefit of simulation-based learning is to transform the abstract concepts of theory into real practical exercises that allow learners to face a professional situation and test their problem solving skills.
- Obtain reliable data: this type of technology not only enhances trainees' learning, but also allows tutors to monitor their activities and measure progress more analytically. This results in the opportunity to know what subject areas need to be explored or improved within the online course.
- Safety is assured: While simulation technologies can be used in any field, another major benefit is safety. From nursing to construction, in fact, students can practice without having to risk their own safety or that of patients or third parties. Plus, the tutor can step in at any time to guide the simulation.
- Make predictions: Simulation technologies are also a useful tool within the enterprise. While they are a great support for employee training, they can also be used to create simulations that show possible solutions or results of a given project or company action.
If all these benefits have convinced you, here are some tips for putting simulation-based learning into practice.
- Objective: it is essential to set the learning objective in order to create effective simulation paths;
- Results: one of the benefits of this type of learning is the measurement of results, so that you can quantify trainees' improvements. It is important to communicate the results to them so that they can know their level;
- Information: it is preferable to inform the students about the topics that will be covered during the simulation so that they can face the test with the best theoretical basis;
- Feedback: a post-simulation report can be useful in order to realign the students' results with the learning objectives.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator