The e-Learning industry also needs to "retain" its customers. Although the content and the platform are among the most important elements for the success of an online course, a good marketing and retention strategy is also fundamental in order to have and continue to have customers and trainees in the medium and long term.
Retaining customers does not mean basing your strategy solely on slogans or advertising. Here are some tips for building and maintaining good customer relationships in the e-Learning industry:
- Trust and transparency first: misleading advertising only works at the beginning. Instead, the basis of a lasting customer relationship must be ethics and professionalism. This means that, in this two-way, transparent relationship, the customer must be able to trust the company that offers him the courses that will train his employees.
- What are the client's goals? You must never forget that in order to continue to have a relationship with the client, you must be up-to-date on their goals in order to create products that are truly in line with what the companies want. The customer's goals become your own. Only in this way can you create a mutually beneficial relationship.
- Send reports to the customer: in order to establish a trusting relationship, you need to keep the customer informed about the results of the purchased service. The online course must effectively enable students to achieve their goals and, in addition, increase productivity through the newly acquired skills. Show all results achieved through monthly or final reports.
- Stay in touch: It is crucial to keep in touch with the customer from the beginning and even in the moments when they are no longer. Communicating means not only continuing to send out your online course offerings but also wishing them well on special occasions and taking an interest in their needs so you can offer customized solutions.
- Human and peer-to-peer relationships: Social networks have radically changed communication between brands and customers. Among other things, communicating with consumers means building and maintaining a peer-to-peer relationship in which customers are all treated equally. In an increasingly digital world, moreover, maintaining a "human" relationship is a characteristic that is highly valued by customers.
Remember that maintaining a good relationship with your clients not only means that you continue to sell your online courses, but that you have great "promoters" of your services. In this way, through word of mouth you can double your efforts day after day by growing solid, trusting relationships with your clients.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator