Universities, like other sectors of the Italian administration, are today facing profound processes of innovation towards the objectives of modernization, efficiency and improvement of the services provided.
In the context of these new challenges, the training of university staff represents a strategic lever for organizational change in the universities.
Universities: the importance of internal staff training
The National Collective Bargaining Agreement for Personnel in the University sector underlines the importance of continuous professional training as a fundamental tool for raising the quality level of services provided by the Administration.
In fact, by acting on the entire organization and its culture, training is the main tool for supporting processes of change and innovation.
However, in order for investments in training to be effective and profitable, it is necessary to develop adequate and wide-ranging training projects that identify medium- to long-term development guidelines.
Universities: the advantages of an LMS for internal training
In this perspective, a learning management system (LMS) represents a relevant tool to optimize the management and monitoring of training plans for university staff.
An LMS platform, in fact, allows to
- manage and deliver even complex training programs;
- create effective onboarding paths aimed at facilitating the insertion processes of new recruits;
- manage information centrally and distribute the same material to all employees;
- make training more flexible, engaging and user-centered;
- monitor the effectiveness of training by tracking training activities and assessing the impact on individual performance.
Finally, an LMS helps streamline the management of mandatory training, such as occupational safety training. With a training management system, in fact, you can ensure that all people are trained and aware of how to work safely, as well as monitor training deadlines and ensure that people are trained on time.
What courses can be delivered through an LMS?
An LMS platform allows you to manage and deliver training courses on any subject and discipline. For example:
- Courses on technical and specialized skills (use of University management systems, training on librarianship, etc.);
- Courses on regulatory updates (University regulations, university legislation, tax regulations, copyright and intellectual property protection, data security, etc.);
- IT courses (Office suite, Google Suite, University management software, etc.);
- Mandatory training courses (anti-corruption and transparency, safety at work, etc.).
Depending on the LMS chosen, it is possible to create customized training courses with their own materials or access a catalog of courses ready to be delivered.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator